19th August 2018
Lobden Golf Club, Whitworth Square, Whitworth OL12 8PY Google maps - 'HERE'
Basic essentials only at the Start; tea Coffee etc, at the finish, it is Team OA, so there will be cake! Food at event HQ, up to 2 hour after cut off
Approximately every 6 miles, exact locations will be available the week before so you can send your supporters out!
local camping or we can recommend local B & B (email for info)
These maybe left at Race HQ, please label them.
Nearest Railway Station:
Registration From 07:30 - 09:45
Start 10:00 (full and half)
7.5 hours full
3.5 hours half
Medal for all finishers
COMPULSORY KIT LIST
This list applies to you all (full or half)
Items marked '*" are weather dependent but have them with you just in case we make you take them!
Waterproof Jacket with taped seams*.
Minimum of 500 ml of fluids: water, isotonic, or sports drink.
Survival Bag (foil blanket etc.)
Emergency food supply*. (a Snack bar a couple of gels or similar
Although you may choose to wear shorts during the event you may also have to carry full leg cover* either water proof or not.
A fully working, fully charged mobile phone with all Team OA emergency contact details.
Relevant map / map extracts.
Small Rucksack or bumbag.
Remember WTM is Cup-Less! -
This simply means that if you are not carrying a water bottle etc (you will be carrying minimum 500ml) , you will need to bring some form of cup, that way, we don't have to dispose off over 600 plastic cups!
- You have no more than 7.5 hours to finish the full marathon or 3'5 hours to complete the half marathon, you must visit all checkpoints to continue.
- All mandatory kit will be checked at registration and if deemed none existent or not fit for purpose you will not be able to start until you rectify the problem.
- A marshal, race medic, race director or referees decision is final, if you are in their words unfit to continue / start you will be withdrawn.
- Checkpoints are there for a reason, you will log in at all check points or you will be disqualified.
- Your safety between checkpoints is the responsibility of you and you alone.
- If you choose to withdraw from the event you must notify a race official.
- You must carry ALL items marked as mandatory from the equipment list at all times. (you must carry, not a support crew or pacer)
No one completing will be allowed to leave the event HQ until they have rested, eaten and been checked over by our medical team.